Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stuff I like, that other people hate....

Hiya!

So, this one was gonna be all filled expound-y style, but then I changed my mind. :D

I have noticed that a great many thing I enjoy catch a lot of flak. Well, better said, that there are things I like that seem to incur wrath whenever they are mentioned. I mean, people get really incensed and start expounding on how horrible that thing is. I find it both amusing and frightening, in an amusing way. Most of the time there is a valid reason for their rancor and disdain, but sometimes it just seems they hate because it seems right to do so...

So I decided I would make with the blogging about stuff I like that other people hate.

AT&T This one is probably my favorite. I've been with them for about 10 years or so, and never had calls drop or bad connections, and, yet, whenever cell service comes up, someone inevitably tells a tail of how horrible they were treated, and how they never once managed to have a phone conversation while subscribed to them and how AT&T likes to rob the graves of saints and beat up puppies. And then seem insulted when I say that I've never had an issue with them, like I just canceled their birthday, and insinuated their mother was a lady of easy virtue. Seriously.

Saturday Night Live I like the show. I always have. Sure there was a weird, kind of awkward period when I didn't think they were quite as good as they could be, but overall, every cast has had its moments. I am particularly fond of the fact that over the last 15 seasons there has been a lot of my favorite styles of comedy on the show. But again, the mere mention of SNL brings the onslaught of "MAN, that show sucks!" and "I'd rather eat glass, than watch the current cast!" Now the funny part is I've heard these things for years now. For realsies, like since the late 80's...people recalled the halcyon days of the original NRFPT Players, then in the late 90's it was the Spade/Nealon/Sandler era that was missed. When people bring up the good ole days, I always remind them those days also included the Downey Jr./Hall/Hall/Quaid years. :D

Glee This one is more or less liked by most, thus the super great ratings...I am amused that folks still have to hate it because it is so popular, which I guess makes sense. I mean, something gets big, like Glee, there would naturally be vocal deriders. Personally, really enjoy the show. And it has nothing to do with the girls in the cheer outfits.

Starbucks Yes, the coffee is, in fact, over-roasted. And I hate that they give things the wrong or new names, and expect those to become the vernacular. But it's handy because there are so many and well, even the best coffee I've ever had tastes like butt with out sugar or other accoutrement so, whatevs.

Basically, what I'm saying to haters everywhere; just chill. Nothing is ever so important as to be angry or hateful toward it. But far be it from me to dismiss your passion, I just think it could be directed elsewhere.

Like your mom.

2 comments:

  1. Don't be dising my mother you &*)@*&#@!

    I actualy Like Starbucks....I like sweet drinks and their mocha is the best hot or cold.

    Heh I really do nto care about AT&T so much as i cannto stand Apple so no iphone ofr me unless I get one for free! Which is the only reason I own an ipod BTW.

    *wink*

    ReplyDelete