Thursday, January 5, 2012

I just wanted to say...

...that your pleasures should never be guilty ones.

Own your taste and revel in it. No one should ever be embarrassed or ashamed of things they like. Especially when it comes to music, art, literature, or any other form of entertainment. I mean unless it's illegal or morally questionable, 'cause, well, it's illegal or morally questionable...

One should never have to explain their tastes. There is something out there for everyone, and not everyone has to like what everyone else likes, you know?

I have on a few occasions found myself justifying my tastes, in music and movies in particular, and I'm here to tell you, I don't like it.

Here are a few examples:

Abba. I like their music. I find that it is actually much more complex than people tend to think. There is some fine songwriting happening there, and well, it's really catchy.

Star Wars, episodes 1-3. As a geek, it is almost anathema to like these. Why do I enjoy these three movies? Well, for the same reason I like most movies..they entertain me. Are they perfect? Not so much. But what they do have is the stuff that, as a young geekling I craved..action. Specifically, light saber duels...like I wish there had been in the first 3 films.

Disco. 'Cause, really, what's not to like? :)

Anyhoo, that's all i wanted to say tonight. Sleep tight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment