Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sometimes I Don't understand....

So I have led my life trying to be honest in all interactions. If I misspeak I apologize and acknowledge that fact.

I am puzzled at the fact that I can say what I mean and that I understand what someone is saying to me, and still be told that I don't understand and that I'm just blowing off this situation.

I will never understand how it is that one person can say exactly what they have in their head and still be accused of not getting it.

It's all part of the Great Cosmic Joke©, I'd imagine.

What is it about the human brain that prevents people from taking things at face value?

I understand that the World is a place full of dichotomy and duplicity, and that people may not always be forthcoming...but dang, why second guess everything anyone else says.

Especially your friends, the ones that have made it clear you will never hear a word from them that is not exactly what it means. lol.

Anyhoo, I will write about the GCJ© at a later time.

*************************************************************

Today's recommendations:

MUSIC:

Django Reinhardt - French Jazz guitarist from the 20's & 30's. Genius. His work is amazing, and when combined with Jazz Violinist Stephane Grapelli, Magic happens, serious.

the Shins - Indie rock at it's finest, most heartfelt, and most remarkable. Musically probably one of the finest bands of the last 10 years.

MOVIES:

Godspell - Just watched it again for the first time in ages...it is dated, but the music is so awesome, and the style is fantastic. Truly a charming musical.

Big Trouble in Little China - Watched this the other day with my monkey and remembered how much I truly love this movie. Probably my favorite John Carpenter movie, it's fun to watch, which makes it a great film, IMHO. :)

BOOKS:

Lamb, the Gospel according to Biff, Jesus's childhood pal - Currently reading. Just so funny. Having grown up Roman Catholic, I thought I'd heard it all...but so far this is really entertaining. I will write more on it when I'm done.

PODCAST & WEBSITES:

Electric Ape Power Hour - It's a couple of my real time friends talking about different stuff like they would at the cafe where we hang out...funny, real and entertaining. Check out episode 5...

No comments:

Post a Comment